Are you a Librarian, library technician or information professional? Do you want to share your love of words with the world and celebrate Australia’s National Year of Reading at the same time?
Be part of a special Love2ReadTV episode featuring Librarians!
In the above video, Kiama (NSW) and Albany (WA) libraries record their submissions! These two videos will be included in the final Librarians Special Episode. Find out how you can enter below.
- Communicate your passion for reading to children, young adults and adults all around the country, and even around the world
- Be part of this commemorative anthology celebrating the NYR
- Spread the love of reading to communities around the nation
- Link to your website or web-page/blog (optional)
- Commemorative participation certificate
- Free to participate
Calling librarians worldwide to be part of this exciting episode!
How to enter
>There are two options, and you can do both!
Option 1: Short Message
- Record a short video message (30 seconds – 2 minutes) telling us why you love the library and reading! You may like to include a special message directed at children, young adults, parents and those re-discovering reading.
- You can also talk about what type of librarian you are, and what you do (eg. youth librarian, community librarian, outreach librarian…)
- Say ‘I believe in Reading’ at the end of your message, holding up the I Believe In Reading printout. >>(PDF Download) I believe in Reading!
- Send it in as per the submission instructions below! No editing is required.
Option 2: I believe in Reading!
- You can film this as an individual, or get together a group of staff to say it together.
- Print out the “I believe in Reading” poster
- >Download PDF I believe in Reading!
- Start the camera and say ‘We’re librarians/information professionals/library technicians etc…. and we Believe In Reading!’, whilst holding up the printout. You might like to include your locality (eg Sydney City Library)
- Individual librarians are encouraged to talk about what librarian they are, and they do (eg. youth librarian, community librarian, outreach librarian…)
- Attach your video files and email them to: production[at]love2readtv.com.au
- All participants must include a signed and completed Entry Form. Address details can be that of the library. >Download PDF Entry Form
- Please note: the email address is production [at] love2readtv.com.au
- If you are having difficulties sending the file to us due to size limitations, please let us know by email.
Videos will be edited together and published online to celebrate the NYR.
The Deadline has been EXTENDED:
ENTRIES STILL OPEN: SEE BELOW
Request an extension to the 30th October 2012. You must register your intention to submit an entry as soon as possible:-
Email your intention to submit a video to production [at] love2readtv.com.au as soon as possible. You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. In your email, please let us know
- Your library and
- Expected date of submission
Thank you very much for taking part in Love2ReadTV – celebrating Australia’s National Year of Reading!
Love2ReadTV is being coordinated by Timothy Chan, Friend of the NYR.